We care about Heritage Salmon
Maintaining the health and welfare of our fish is crucial. To have the best-tasting fish, you must be committed to taking care of them.
- Fish health care is provided by veterinarians and fish health specialists.
- We ensure that our fish are free from hunger, discomfort, pain and injury, fear and distress and that they have the freedom to practice normal behaviour.
- Maximum stocking densities of 2-3% allow fish to swim and behave normally.
- Technology-enabled harvest and transportation minimizes stress for the fish.
- Taking exceptional care of our fish is integral to our values and it's good for our fish, for their environment and for you — our customer.
How we feed fish in their ocean environment
Feeding fish in the remote ocean environment is a challenge because the natural elements like weather and geography sometimes impose constraints. We use state-of-the-art feeding techniques to ensure that each fish enjoys the optimum amount of food and that they are never hungry. Plus, by feeding the fish the exact amount they need, we reduce our impact on the environment.