Salmon Burgers with Spinach and Ginger
Simple to Prepare Classics
Dinner Party Favourites
Smoked Salmon Inspirations
- 1 lb (500 g) Heritage Salmon Fillets, skinless*
- 4 oz (120 g) baby spinach (optional), coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely-grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- Vegetable oil for brushing skillet
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickled ginger
*TIP: If you don't have a fillet, Heritage Salmon Portions will work just as well. Simply use four 3 oz (120 g) portions, and follow the recipe as usual.
- Cut salmon into 1/4-inch dice, then stir together with spinach, scallions, ginger, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Beat together egg white and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir into salmon mixture, then form into 4 (1/2-inch thick) patties.
- Heat a 12-inch, non-stick skillet over moderate heat until hot and lightly brush with oil. Cook patties, carefully turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 6-7 minutes total.
- Top each burger with 1 1/2 teaspoons pickled ginger. Add a side salad and serve!
Want more simple and delicious salmon recipes? Click here!