Grilled Salmon with Orzo Salad
Simple to Prepare Classics
Dinner Party Favourites
Smoked Salmon Inspirations
- Four 5-6 oz (150-180 g) Heritage Salmon Portions, about 1-inch thick
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) orzo (or any small pasta shape)
- 1/3 cup (85 ml), plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (85 ml), plus 1 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh dill
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- In a strainer set over a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, tomatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and let drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Toss the orzo with 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, 1/3 cup dill, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Light the grill. Coat the salmon with the 1 tbsp oil, the remaining salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill the Heritage Salmon for 4 minutes. Turn and sprinkle with the 1 tbsp dill and the lemon zest. Cook the fish about 3 minutes longer, until it's golden brown and just barely done (the fish should still be translucent in the centre). Serve the fish on the salad.
Want more simple and delicious salmon recipes? Click here!