Heritage Atlantic Salmon is easier to make than you think.
Preparing fresh Heritage Salmon is a breeze. Just add your favourite seasoning, then follow these guidelines for perfect salmon time and again. Remember though, Fresh Atlantic Salmon cooks quickly. Be careful not to overcook it — you'll miss the ultimate taste and texture.
Like all foods, personal preference reigns supreme. So whether you like your salmon less cooked, or cooked all the way through, if you like the flavour — then you've cooked it just right!
- Set the oven to 350ºF
- Cook for 6-10 minutes for every inch of thickness
- Barbeque over medium-high heat
- For fillets, steaks and other cuts of Heritage Salmon, barbeque for 6-10 minutes
- For whole fish, barbeque for 8-12 minutes for every inch of thickness
- The closer the Heritage Salmon is to the heat source, the faster it will cook
- A Heritage Salmon fillet placed on the top rack will cook in 6-10 minutes
Click here for some healthy cooking tips
- Place Heritage Salmon in a microwave-safe dish
- Cover dish with cling wrap and expose one corner
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per pound
- Try using 50% to 70% power to avoid overcooking
Simple to Prepare Classics
Dinner Party Favourites
Smoked Salmon Inspirations
Heritage Atlantic Salmon is perfectly cooked when it flakes easily with a fork and the flesh is tender.